Introduction: Legos project 20:27
- Legos project: Sensori-motor learning in gesture-sound interactive systems : International Workshop on Movement Sonification and Learning
- March 2, 2015
- Ircam, Paris
- Program note: Legos
- Hugues Vinet (conférencier)
- Frédéric Bevilacqua (conférencier)
The LEGOS project is a collaborative research project that focuses on sensorimotor learning in gesture-sound systems (the consortium includes IRCAM and UMR CNRS 8242 – Université Paris Descartes).
We develop and evaluate movement based interactive systems, taking into account motor adaptation and learning at its core. We also aim at establishing novel methods towards movement sonification for medical applications such as rehabilitation.
We consider three different perspectives:
1) Gesture learning where the task is to perform a gesture guided by an audio feedback (e.g. rehabilitation)
2) Movement-based sound control where the task is to produce a given sound through the manipulation of a gestural interface (e.g. in digital musical instruments)
3) Interactive sound design where the task is to manipulate an object or a tangible interface that is sonified.